Welcome to our forward roll class!
"In this class, I am going to break down everything you need to know about how to forward roll as safely and successfully as possible. This class is for more beginner gymnasts who are just getting started in the sport, AND those who want to increase their knowledge of the forward roll and how to teach it!"
ABOUT THE FORWARD ROLL
The forward roll is a foundation skill in gymnastics, because it’s the base of so many higher level skills! It teaches gymnasts about spatial orientation, body control, and is a great progression for learning to flip.
- Instructor: Coach Kati
- Class Length: 45:00
- Level: Beginner gymnasts
- Class Style: Watch then practice!
- “Why should I learn to roll?”
- Mechanics: Step by Step Rolling
- Gravity and Weight Distribution
- 6 x Progressions from Beginner to Advanced
- Key Takeaways
6 x Progressions:
- The "Beginner's Step by Step" Roll
- Rolling on a wedge
- Rolling on a soft mat
- Rolling on a thin mat
- Rolling on the floor
- Evolving the roll into other skills